Sunday, February 27, 2011

State Basketball, Gateway and Fun!

This weekend was a blast! Both Emery and Carbon girls made it to State! We ended up missing the games on Thursday because Justin had PTC. I watched the Emery girls play online while packing tho! (I may or may not have been yelling at the computer)... I picked Justin up at 7 and we headed to SLC. I booked us a $200 room for $75! We stayed at the Hilton :) We got to SLC super late and went right to bed. We got up late and then went to the games. Both Carbon and Emery won their games Friday which mean they played each other in the play offs!
After the games we headed to Discovery Gateway to let the boys play. I had a pass that I had bought months ago that I wanted to use. They had such a fun time. There is a beehive that they send balls through tubes.
There is also a kids view town. Mason and Easton really liked the construction zone! Love this picture even though it is blurry!
Mason wanted to be a firefighter in the construction zone! He beats to his own drum that is for sure!
All three of my boys playing and using teamwork! Such a cute family I have!
There was also a big water station, a farm area, and a grocery store. Easton loaded up on the fruits and veggies, Mason loaded up on the cheese and corn!
They thought it was really cool to see themselves on T.V. They also had a lot of fun with the green screen.... So did Justin!
Outside they have a life flight helicopter. They loved pretending to drive it and climbing in and out. Easton says it was his favorite part.
That night we went and ate at Joes Crab Shack. We met Julie there, which the boys loved! Easton ended up laughing with lemonade in his mouth and spitting it across the table! Mason ate a ton of crab :)
The next morning we slept in late again, and then went shopping until the game. It was an awesome game! Both teams played so well, but in the end EMERY WON! We didn't miss any girls home games this year so it was awesome to see them finish the season with such a high!
... One last picture of the boys at the Gateway.... Doing exactly what I told them NOT to do...

1 comment:

Scottie and Tasha said...

Yay, Emery!!!! That is awesome. If we were still in SL we would have been there. Scottie's cousin plays for Juab so I was relaly hoping we would beat then :) naughty huh! ha ha Oh well, gotta cheer for my team!

I can't believe I never went to the Children's Museum while I was in Salt Lake?!?! What was I thinking. It looks awesome. Maybe during our summer trip we'll stop by!