Saturday, August 15, 2009

Hogle Zoo

We finally found a day to do a little trip. We took the boys to Hogle Zoo. It was SO much fun! Easton has been waiting for a long time to be able to ride the train, so we made him wait to do that last. We first went to the bird show, and the talking parrot freaked Easton out. Mason also hated the birds flying over our heads! The boys loved seeing all the animals and really loved the new baby giraffe. It was a perfect day. There were not many people there, and it was early enough in the morning that the animals were really active and close. We had a lot of fun and I really can't wait to take Easton and Mason back!
This picture doesn't have anything to do with the zoo. Easton headed in to go the bathroom and was gone for awhile. I poked my head around the corner and found this! Couldn't resist taking a picture of it. I asked what he was doing, and he said, "reading a book!" Like DUH!

7 comments:

The Thornley's said...

It looks like you guys had a ton of fun! Cute pics.

Unknown said...

HI! we also have a blog you will have to check it out. We are still in California. Aaron is in Optometry school out here and we will be here for another 3 years. We dont have any kids yet, we would like to but nothing has happened yet. I just work while aaron is in school and I will probably start school again in January to finish my degree in kinesiology. We really like it here in california. That is so exciting that you will be building a house soon, I cant wait until we can buy a house.

The Nielsen's said...

Hogle Zoo is fun! I can't believe how much it's changed since I was little. I think they've made some good improvements. Too bad they don't have the new baby elephant out yet!

Cris, Heather, Connor and Carson said...

You're kids are so stinkin' cute! I love the last picture! Looks like you had fun at the zoo!

Janet said...

You are way too talented! It looks like you guys had so much fun!

Carmell Childs said...

You made it to the zoo! Now your summer is complete! very cute pictures! It sounds like the fair was a lot of fun. It's nice to have something to do with the kids.

family said...

Ha, ha, love the "reading" pictures! You did get some great pictures of the animals; your pages are super cute.