I am finally getting around to doing these pictures! I love the one of Easton and Mason in front of the castle. It shows Eastons true excitement! Also the one with Easton holding the ball was right after he made his hole-in-one! He was so excited and jumping up and down! It was a great time!

*** Deer story-I had a chance opening morning at a HUGE buck. I kept having a hard time getting a good shot. Finally he was in a good position so I went to take the shot. I pulled the trigger and click- only the cap went off! I was so mad! But that is just my luck. That night I had P.T.C. and my ESL class, so I couldn't hunt. Then next morning I got up with the boys and my dad and started driving. We weren't seeing anything and I was getting discouraged! Soon we saw a few and drove up to them. There was a 2 point that I thought about shooting then this 3x4 walked out. they got nervous and ran. For some reason the came back towards us. I got ready but then noticed he was standing in front of something I couldn't shoot! Then I went to shoot again after he stepped forward, and there was someone driving past in a truck behind him. So again, I had to wait! Finally I pulled the trigger and he jumped straight in the air! I was so excited. He ran then stopped and just stood. I was hurrying to get reloaded (luckily I got it reloaded by myself, I have a hard time doing it for some reason). I shot again, this time I knew I had hit him because he was running and kicking his legs. I told my dad, I think I hit him in the back leg by the way he is running. Soon he went down close to where I shot him. I got to him and I had hit him right through the vitals! I was so excited! My first muzzle loader deer!! Now I just got to try the Archery again so I will have shot with all three weapons! P.S. If anyone has any good jerky recipes let me know! We butchered him our self, and now I'm not sure what to do with all the meat!
I still have Lagoon pictures I need to work on!
3 comments:
You can go get the jerky seasonings from just the grocery store and do it in your oven or you can chunk the meat like stew meat and bottle it. Thats good. My friend helped me do our last deer like that - we took off the steaks and either jerkied or bottled the rest.
Congratulations!
congrats on the deer that is awesome.
Post a Comment